Pages

Apr 19, 2011

Masculin Card and Birthday gift

Hello all. Hope you are having a great day. Today I thought I would share a birthday card and gift that I made for my neighbour.
For the card I used an technique that I saw at Splitcoast Stampers. You can check out how to make this card here.
I used some LSS paper, dark brown and tan colored with a wood grain texture. The image is embossed with embossing powder and the cowboy hat is an embelishment I've had in my stash since forever. The sentiment is one from MPS stamp set that I perchased some time ago.
I really didn't know what I was going to make for my neighbour, then I came across some mini clipboards that I have around my craft room and decided to make it into a wall hanging. At first I didn't know what saying I was gonna use, so I opted for my favorite.

For this wall hanging I used the same wood grain textured paper, some thickers letters that I painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint that I sealed with ModPodge to prevent the paint from chipping off. The quote was printed on my computer. The frame is cut from Camp Out cricut solutions cartridge, and I used some twine that I had to "attach" the corners. I also braided 3 different colors of twine and then wrapped that around the bottom of the hanging. The sticker is from my stash.

I love  the way this turned out so much that I'm gonna have to reproduce it just for myself. I'm so glad you could stop by today. I hope you have a perfectly scrappy day.
                                                                 Ann

 

No comments:

Post a Comment